INNOVATE, EVOLVE, FLY...
Like all of Ezzy's sails, the Hydra is born from David Ezzy’s passion and attention to detail.
The first thing that David noticed about foiling is that it opens up a whole new challenge for sail design. The fundamentals of foiling are simply different than normal windsurfing, which is why the Hydra looks nothing like a normal windsurfing sail.
Overall, they had 5 goals when designing the Hydra and they are happy to say that the design accomplishes each one. The goals were:
1) Must be more efficient than a normal sail
2) Must be less sensitive to gusts than a normal sail
3) Must have early power to get up and going but also controllable when flying
4) Must be able to de-power easily
5) Must be super light weight
The Hydra is a dramatic new look for a dramatic new form of windsurfing.
Available in 4.0, 5.0, 5.5, 6.0, 7.0 and 8.5 m.
The Hydra Pro is a foil-dedicated sail, while the Hydra Sport is a crossover, for those who want to use the sail both for windfoiling and regular windsurfing.
EZZY HYDRA VIDEOS
Ezzy Hydra product video.
David Ezzy explains the extended foot batten.
Source and pictures on this page: EZZY