INNOVATE, EVOLVE, FLY...
Like all Ezzy sails, the Hydra is born from David Ezzy’s passion and attention to detail.
The first thing that David noticed about foiling is that it opens up a whole new challenge for sail design. The fundamentals of foiling are simply different than normal windsurfing, which is why the Hydra looks nothing like a normal windsurfing sail.
Overall, we had 5 goals when designing the Hydra and we are happy to say that the design accomplishes each one. The goals are:
1) Must be more efficient than a normal sail
2) Must be less sensitive to gusts than a normal sail
3) Must have early power to get up and going but also controllable when flying
4) Must be able to de-power easily
5) Must be super light weight
The Hydra is a dramatic new look for a dramatic new form of windsurfing.
Available in 4.0, 5.0, 5.5, 6.0, 7.0.
Click on the picture under to get the full product description make an order:
EZZY HYDRA VIDEOS
Ezzy Hydra product video.
David Ezzy explains the extended foot batten.
Source and pictures on this page: EZZY