FMX Racing is born from a deep desire to design, shape, test, and ultimately deliver world class products to the windsurfing market that racers and customers alike will remember forever.
Drawing from 27-years of competition, design and testing experience, and having learned his initial skill set as a young man directly from legendary #1 master shaper Jimmy Lewis, Finian Maynard began his windsurfing board building career on Maui in 1992.
Furthermore, working directly with racing industry giants Richard Greene and Phil McGain, yet more invaluable knowledge, experience and understanding was learned in the historical mecca of windsurfing – Haiku, which ultimately formed a solid base from which a highly successful career was formed.
The FMX Hyperion foil board
FEATURES & BENEFITS
• All-new ultra compact and ultra wide nose/tail shape for increased power and angle upwind combined with solid stability downwind. Excellent glide and acceleration in the air. Very early planing due to the clever volume distribution.
• Refined all-new dedicated foil racing scoop-rocker line for easier handling, explosive acceleration and top-speed in both flat water and choppy foiling conditions.
• T-Beam style coned deck shape – Increases light wind power, drive, general stability and nose trim stability at high foiling speeds.
• Reverse Vee bottom shape – Generous vee and double concave configuration in the nose to clear the chop and create a smooth ride especially when touching the nose coming off the foil, transitioning to less vee and dc in the tail for easier tilting of the board angled to the side for earlier planing alongside better glide when touching.
• ‘V3 Vector Cuts’ – All-new straight line cutout design that facilitates clean and effortless water release for ultra fast planing onto the foil.
• ‘Downwind Dominator’ – Original deck recess area in the middle of the deck gybe area that increases the ability to pump deeper downwind in light wind and have more control overpowered. Fitted with a one piece 6mm deck pad from rail to rail to facilitate comfort and grip without having to fit subsequent footstraps that get in the way during foil gybes and tacks.
• Deep Tuttle Foil Strong Box – Double the carbon content, double the wall strength and stiffness, double the width compared to a normal tuttle box, and built with a 100% high-density PVC sandwich body. The result – foils stay tight and the box holds the direct feeling performance even after prolonged use.
Stability and function, these are the highlights of this all-new foil race board design.
Plane in 4-5 knots of wind or power through the chop in 30-knots of wind, this board can handle any and all foil race conditions that you will likely encounter at any foil race events around the globe.
Source and pictures on this page: FMX Racing