Freerace performance made easy.
Wind magazine 2020 Switchblade verdict:
PLUS- Large wind range, comfort, stability, polyvalence.
MINUS- Nothing to report
Proven performance with 3 cams and 6 or 7 battens (size depending). Moderate width mast pocket. Years of research and development make the Switchblade fast and easy for all.
The 2021 Switchblade is all new. Higher aspect ratios (shorter booms), new luff curves, modified vertical and horizontal shapes combine to redefine Switchblade performance.
- Green: full X-Ply... 5 mil biaxial luff and foot panels, 4 mil biax window panels, 3.5 mil biax leech panels, 2 mil upper body panels
- Orange: 5 mil biaxial luff and foot panels, 5 mil mono window and 4 mil mono body panels
- Tekcam2 camber inducer design – easy rotation and gentle to your mast
- SDM and RDM mast compatibility. Tekcam2 Large (installed) and Reduced (in sailbag) included with sizes 8.6 and smaller
- Metallic cam interfaces – MCIs eliminate contact point degradation characteristic of cam designs without MCIs
- Tubed batten structure – solid stability for the upper end
- X-ply batten pockets that alternate sail sides – using similar material for the batten pocket as the body material minimizes the asymmetric character of applied batten pockets. Pockets made with laminates allow the batten to be centered. These features combine to maintain rotation symmetry. In contrast, same-side dacron pockets promote asymmetrical rotation
- Streamlined neoprene boom cutout with dual zippers – limits water entry into the mast sleeve for fast recovery
- Blade mast pocket construction – pocket sides under the tack pulley webbings for rotation ease, clean mast pocket and longevity
- Kevlar strip applications – profile definition, mast pocket stability and longevity
- Super durable full IYU250 4-part mast pocket – the perfect material between your mast and the elements
- Trim: leech-release reference logo to dial in trim